Corona Aliyah News
· There is only one flight a day, with United, and only for Israeli Citizens.
· ELAL may resume flights on May 1st, 15th or later.
· The Jewish Agency is contemplating doing remote interviews.
· Those already accepted for Aliyah can proceed with their plans.
· The possibility of making Aliyah from within Israel is linked to the re-opening of government offices and allowing non-citizens into the country.
Israel has eased the Corona restrictions:
- Stores are allowed to reopen with limitations, with the exception of indoor malls.
- Government employees will return to work, once the civil service meets the standards for safe workplaces, which until now only applied to private sector workplaces.
- The Government continues to provide special grants for those aged 67 and over who lost their jobs due to the coronavirus crisis.
- Some banks (eg. Bank Hapoalim) are receiving clients based on scheduled meetings.
- Delta Airlines’ website says that they are booking flights between New York and Tel Aviv starting from May 10th. Unclear if non-citizens will be permitted entry.