Vehicle Importing

Bring your valuable vehicles to Israel

Olim have rights to bring one vehicle (car or motorcycle) from any country within 3 years of their aliya. US cars must come via the US, and European cars via Europe, Japanese car via Japan. Cars of all sizes are taxed at the same rate. Taxes are about 78% (instead of 127-144%) of the value at origin less depreciation plus shipping. Depreciation is about 20% for the first year and 10% for each year following to a maximum of 80% after 10 years. Olim can bring cars of any age or description, but they must be able to get the local commercial importer, or a local, qualified garage to give a letter stating that they are willing to provide service and parts (not necessarily quickly or for free.) Olim must have acquired an Israeli license and have a valid foreign license, which they had for at least 3 years.

A car does not count as one of the tax-free shipments. Olim have no special reduction on hybrid cars, since everyone pays only 77%. Tourists and students pay no taxes, but tourists must take the car (and themselves) out of the country every year for 3 months. Students can keep the car, as long as they keep the status.

You will need the following documents:

  1. Original bill of sale from dealer
  2. Proof of Payment
  3. Original title
  4. Photograph of the stickers on the inside of the car door
  5. Proof that an original ESP system is installed in the car
  6. Car fax report  – clean
  7. Valid foreign and Israeli driver’s licenses
  8. Teudat Zehut
  9. Customer must sign Power of Attorney in the presence of a notary or a customs representative


Contact Us to get a car import quote.