Vehicle Importing

Bring your valuable vehicles to Israel

Olim have rights to bring one vehicle (car or motorcycle) from any country within 3 years of their aliyah. Cars of all sizes are taxed at the same rate, except for those valued over NIS 300,000. Taxes are about 80% (instead of 127-144%) of the value at origin less depreciation plus shipping and insurance. Depreciation is about 20% for the first year and 10% for each year following to a maximum of 80% after 10 years. Olim can bring cars of any age or description, as long as it has clear title (no leases), ESP/C (electronic stability protection), and a clean history of no accidents. You must get a letter (we do this for you) from a repair garage that can provide service and acquire parts, not necessarily quickly or for free. Olim must have a valid foreign license for at least 3 years, and they have one year to get an Israeli license.

A car does not count as one of the three tax-free shipments, and Olim have no special reduction on hybrid cars, since everyone pays only 45%. Tourists and students pay no taxes, but tourists must take the car (and themselves) out of the country every year for 3 month and students can keep the car, as long as they keep that status.

Visa, Age & Tax Guidelines

Tax rates are subject to change.

  • Oleh no limit on year ~ 80% tax
  • Toshav Hozer max 4 years old ~ 114-129% tax
  • Regular citizen max 2 years old ~ 114-129% tax

The age limit on the following is per the list above.
Current tax rates (2021) :

  • Hybrid 114%-129%
  • Plug in Hybrid 64% – 75%
  • Electric: 29% – 38%
  • Olim get a 25% discount on the tax

We expect taxes on Hybrid and Electric to increase each year until 2024, when the tax will reach 83%.

You will need the following documents:

  • Actual physical bill of sale from dealer/seller

Copies of the following:

  • Proof of Payment
  • Clear Title (no liens or leases)
  • Photograph of the stickers on the inside of the car door
  • Proof that an original ESP/ESC [Electronic Stability Program/Control] system is installed in the car
  • CarFax report – clean, no accidents
  • Tourists, Students, and Olim require foreign drivers license(s) going back at least 3 years.
  • Israelis and Olim must present a copy of a valid Israeli driver’s license* and their Teudat Zehut.
  • *Olim must commit to getting an Israeli driver’s license during their first year of aliyah and present a Teudat Oleh, if using Oleh tax benefits.
  • Israeli Power of Attorney signed in the presence of our Israeli Customs Clearer

Motorcycles: must be less than 24 months old upon arrival in Israel

Contact Us to get a car import quote.

Get a moving quote today!

Our experts are ready to help with your moving, logistics and relocation needs