We are sorry to hear that you have damages and/or losses. After you have read carefully the instructions below, click here to file a marine insurance claim.
We also sent you a “survey” for you to attach images and descriptions of the damage/loss. That gives us information to pass onto the packers or delivery people–it is not in place of the insurance claim.
You have 45 days after arrival of goods in your home or warehouse to register a claim, then 90 days to submit all supporting documents.
Save all physical evidence until the claim is settled, including broken or damaged items, even glass. Damage Repair estimates must be in English or have an accurate and complete English translation and must include:
A) an estimate for cost of replacement at destination in pre-shipping condition.
B) a statement of the likelihood that the damage was caused during shipping.
C) photos of the damage, closeup and from a distance.
D) VAT and transportation within the repair quote for each item– NOT listed separately
Missing items must have been recorded on the Bingo Sheet as goods came off the truck, notice given to and co-signed by the trucker. Then immediate notice to Kef and Pac Global Insurance company.
Packing Lists–highlight missing or damaged items and condition codes (“sc”, “br”)
Proof of Value is helpful–invoice, prior insurance policy, pre-shipping photos, assessor document, quote from store or web site.
- Many repair estimators charge nis 300-450 for a repair estimate, which you can add to your insurance claim. The only one we recommend as professional and reasonable is Motti Harari, 052-845-4445.
- Marine Insurance may pay total loss and take possession of goods for which repair estimates exceed 60% of replacement value.
- Going ahead with a repair or a replacement before having the claim settled may limit your rights. Check with Pac Global.
- After signing your agreement to the proposed settlement, you should receive the payment in full within 60 business days. Here is a calculator that will let you calculate workdays from the date of your communicated agreement.
- Insurance fraud is a serious crime and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Damage to site: Minor scuffing and nicking onsite is normal. For serious issues, notify us and the delivery team immediately and record it on signed documents. The responsibility is with the team, but we can help, if necessary.
Click here to review the Marine Insurance page.
If you need help with the claim form or communicating with the marine insurance company, let us know. email@example.com