We are sorry to hear that you have damages and/or losses. After you have read carefully the instructions below, click here to file a marine insurance claim.
We also sent you a “survey” for you to attach images and descriptions of the damage/loss. That gives us information to pass on to the packers or delivery people–it is not in place of the insurance claim.
You have 45 days after the arrival of goods in your home or warehouse to register a claim, then 90 days to submit all supporting documents. In our experience, this is not necessarily are hard limit; if it is clear that you are doing your best to supply supporting documents in a timely way, that might be enough.
Save all physical evidence until the claim is settled, including broken or damaged items, even glass.
Broken dishes or similar–supply photos/images of:
Furniture or similar— supply written estimate on stationary, in English or with translation, including:
A) an estimate for the cost of replacement at the destination in pre-shipping condition.
B) a statement of the likelihood that the damage was caused during shipping.
C) multiple photos of the damage, closeup, and from a distance.
D) VAT and transportation within the repair quote for each item– NOT listed separately
E) statement of the construction material of the damaged piece: machine/man-made fiber/particle/artificial wood is NOT covered
F) a copy of the packing list, with that item highlighted. That shows if any damages were noted upon packing.
must have been recorded on the Bingo Sheet as goods came off the truck, notice given to and co-signed by the trucker, and immediate notice to Kef and Pac Global Insurance company.
- Many repair estimators charge nis 300-450 for a repair estimate, which you can add to your insurance claim.
- Proof of Value is helpful–invoice, prior insurance policy, pre-shipping photos, assessor document, quote from store or website.
- Marine Insurance may pay total loss and take possession of goods for which repair estimates exceed 60% of replacement value.
- Going ahead with a repair or a replacement before having the claim settled may limit your rights. Check with Pac Global.
- After signing your agreement to the proposed settlement, you should receive the payment in full within 60 business days. Here is a calculator that will let you calculate workdays from the date of your communicated agreement.
- Misrepresenting goods on your claim is a serious crime.
Damage to site: Minor scuffing and nicking onsite are normal. For serious issues, notify us and the delivery team immediately and record it on signed documents. The responsibility is with the team, but we can help, if necessary.
Transit Insurance Terms and Conditions
Following are informational, not conclusive or complete. Here is a Link to the original document.
Sets: If only one or two items of the set were damaged, and it is impossible to replace those single items, it’s possible–depending on your policy–that your set will be covered as a whole. Here are some sites that specialize in finding replacement dishware for hard-to-find or discontinued patterns. www.replacements.com, http://www.chinafinders.com, http://www.classicreplacements.com, http://www.robbinsnest.com, http://www.etsy.com
Some Exclusions in order of likely relevance
Click here to review the Marine Insurance page.
If you need help with the claim form or communicating with the marine insurance company, let us know. firstname.lastname@example.org