Please read through the following sections of important documents and return the required completed paperwork by email to the appropriate Kef representative listed in each section.
The following is important information regarding your EIN number – required when sending an FCL (exclusive container) shipment on an American Passport. If you are sending a consolidated shipment (LCL), you do not need an EIN if the value of shipment is less than $2,500. If you are sending your shipment on a foreign passport (non-USA), then we do NOT need an EIN number from you.
Please note the essential Kefipedia documents attached to this email: preparation at origin, volume and volume estimates, and timing your shipment.
In order to avoid extra fees, we MUST have a clear copy of your passport ONE WEEK BEFORE your moving date. For customers sending the shipment on a USA Passport, we must also have an EIN number ONE WEEK BEFORE your moving date.
If you have a foreign (i.e. Israeli passport), you do not need to read any further–please give us the number right away. We need it ONE WEEK before pickup date. If not, please keep reading.
The U.S. Census Bureau requires all U.S. Citizens shipping household goods to obtain a personal EIN (Employee Identification Number). You can do it by calling 1-800-829-4933 or on-line as follows:
1. Go to http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=102767,00.html
2. At the bottom of the page, click APPLY ONLINE NOW.
3. Click Begin Application.
4. Choose “Sole Proprietor”, then click Continue.
5. Again select “Sole Proprietor” and click Continue.
6. Choose any reason for asking for an EIN. Then click Continue.
7. Fill in your name, address and SSN. Select “Sole Proprietor” and click Continue.
8. Leave the field for “Trade Name” blank and enter United States as the country where the sole proprietor is located.
9. Select your State of origin and enter today’s date as “Sole Proprietor Start Date”. Click Continue.
10. Answer “No” to the five questions on this page and click Continue.
- Select “Other” for “What does your business or organization do”. Click Continue.
12. Select “Other” as your business’ activity and enter “relocation” in the blank field. Click Continue.
13. Choose “Receive letter online” and click Continue.
14. Your EIN number will appear. Print and save for your records.Once you have the number please send it to us. We need the EIN # before
your pickup date. Delays can be costly.
Please email EIN number and relevant info to email@example.com