Customs Clearing in Israel
Deliver documents to Kef or Kef Customs Agent 1 week before arrival date of shipment. Shipments do arrive early, and you will incur fees if documents are not ready.
Container— You should arrive in the country 1-2 weeks before your shipment.
Smaller shipments (LCL) using rights— Arrive in the country a few days before your shipment. Supply a clear copy of your Teudat Zehut before it arrives at port in order to avoid expenses.
Click on and print out the Customs forms. Sign both pages in Hebrew at (X). Send Kef a clear scanned copy of the signed customs forms. We may require original copies, depending on the demands of Israeli Customs. You may be called to a clearer’s office to finalize documents. Remember that what you declare is up to you, and Kef has no responsibility or liability if it differs from what is in the shipment.
Customs Form (for download)
Customs Declaration (English)
Power of Attorney (English)
Change to Power of Attorney (November 2018): If you do not have tax free import rights, you will need to complete the Power of Attorney (form 165) online using the new World Gateway interface. Contact Kef for instructions. If you do not have Israeli citizenship, you will need to complete the Power of Attorney in front of the Customs Clearer.
Tax Rights – an Oleh Chadash is automatically registered with Israeli Customs when receiving the Teudat Oleh & Teudat Zehut. At this time, you no longer need to go to Customs or NBN for help opening a file / receiving your import rights.
If, for whatever reason, your “rights” do not appear in the computer system, you may need to go the Meches or Misrad HaPanim office to take care of the error.
Oleh/Katin without NBN
1st. Get Teudat Oleh from Misrad Haklita (10 days)
2nd Get a Teudat Zehut from Misrad HaP’nim (2 weeks)
3rd Register with Customs.
When in Israel, a Toshav Chozer can confirm his status with Customs online by sending his Teudat Zehut number to Meches through this link. You are required to register with the online Government Identification System [מערכת הזדהות הממשלתית ]. If you do not receive automatic approval of your Toshav Chozer import “rights,” you will need to go to Customs, in person.
A toshav chozer or oleh chadash who has “suspended” his status may need to submit to Customs a Certificate of Entry and Exit (בירור כניסות ויציאות מהארץ) from the Interior Ministry (Misrad HaPanim).
Customs Offices, Sun-Thu, 8am-1:30pm:
- Jerusalem: Kanfei Nesharim 66, Givat Shaul; Yael 02-6545607 / Mazal 02-654-5610 / Alisa 02-654-5602 / Ilana 02-654-5603 fax: 02-654-5616
- Tel-Aviv: Israel Galilee 3a, Rishon LeTzion; 03-942-1703; fax: 03-942-1704
- Haifa: Rechov HaAtzmaut 1; 04-835-4863; fax: 04-862-8469
- Ashdod: Rechov Ha’Organim 2 (Forum Building); 08-851-0501; fax: 08-852-8856
Bring to Kef or Kef Customs agent (not Customs, itself):
- Customs forms (above)
- Photo page of foreign passport (both spouses)
- Teudat Zehut (both spouses)
- Israeli visa page in foreign passport (both spouses)
- Photo page of Teudat Oleh (or letter/stamp of Toshav/Katin Hozer status)
- Page of Teudat Oleh that lists your children
- Page of Teudat Oleh (if you have one) with stamp from Customs office
- Photo page of Israeli passport (if any, both spouses)
- Invoices of new items not purchased through Kef.
Questions? Contact Daniel at Daniel@kefintl.com or 02 673-5043 ext. 102. Timing information is unreliable–shipments come early and late, so take care of this ASAP. The outcome of customs clearing can not be guaranteed, though with prompt and focused effort, the chances for success are excellent.
Customs Inspection At the airport, inspections are the rule. At sea ports for spot-checks or for cause, Customs usually X-rays’ about 1 in 25. See rates.